XNX Excel line-of-sight gas detection system, short range (5 to 40m), 4 to 20mA and HART® outputs,
Excel kits including standard XNX transmitter configured with HART® over 4-20mA output and local IS HART® port. For Excel kits including other XNX transmitter configurations contact Honeywell Analytics. A calibration has to be ordered with every XNX Excel kit.
Excel gas calibration curve to be selected from section 21.2 and to be ordered additionally
Searchline Excel Open Path Infrared Gas Detector
World-renowned infrared open path flammable gas detector offering unrivalled performance and sensitivity.
Features & Benefits
- Fast speed of response provides earliest warning
- High sensitivity allows low alarm set points
- Works in inert atmospheres
- Response speed: T90 less than 3 seconds (under normal operating conditions)
- Range: 0 to 5 LEL m.
- Operating temperature: -40° to +65°C (-40° to 150°F)
The Searchline Excel is the World’s best selling infrared open path gas detector with over 6,000 units installed in challenging applications throughout industry. From the Arctic Circle to Middle Eastern Deserts, customers have repeatedly selected the Searchline Excel as their preferred choice.
The fundamental design of Searchline Excel has remained the same since its original launch and it continues to lead the field.
Searchline Excel is totally immune to interference from sunlight or any other sources of radiation such as flare stacks, arc welding or lightning.
The patented optical design used in Searchline Excel has proven itself as the only solution available that fully addresses all the challenges of open path gas detection. Unlike some competitive devices, it does not try to hide fundamental design inadequacy with the use of software masks that can compromise the unit’s ability to detect gas.
Searchline Excel employs a patented double band pass filter that fully compensates for all types of fog and / or rain, thereby allowing it to continue to operate accurately and reliably in all climatic conditions.
Additional Features and Benefits:
Why open path gas detection?
Open path detectors complement the use of individual point detectors and offer many significant benefits including:
• Wider area coverage - most likely to pick up any leak
• Very high speed of response
• NO unrevealed failure modes - no possibility of blocked gas path to detector
• Detector location not as critical
• Indicates size of hazard
Sample and reference detector alignment
• Reduced sensitivity to alignment
• Guaranteed performance
• Reduced sensitivity to partial obscuration
Improved hand-held software
• Integral functional gas test facility allows for simple system check
• Contamination resistant optics reduce the need for unscheduled maintenance
• Not affected by interference from water vapor
• Immune to catalytic poisons
• Works in inert atmospheres
• Simple confirmation of alignment
• Visual indication of target and current signal levels
• Compatible with existing systems
• High Power Rifle Telescope
• Easier to align with greater zoom and magnification
• Robust shock resistant design
Features & benefits
• Fast speed of response provides earliest warning
• High sensitivity allows low alarm set points
• Alignment free design makes installation simple
• Duct flex and vibration tolerance keeps the system online